The above quote from Loudoun Water’s BCDR FAQ would have you believe that the city of Fairfax was turning a blind eye to reservoir access. Funny how their sign says “Open for public use.”
Some interesting notes from a CIP committee meeting in March. Executive summary:
- LW’s goal is to manage water assetts
- LW will consider sharing access at a later date
- Mr. Rocca recommends closing down all access
- Staff (Peterson?) recommends access to Rowing association
- Items will be forwarded to April 10 meeting for a vote
Prior to the Feb 6 statement by Fred Jennings, that access would remain open, it appears there was discussion about leasing the reservoir for recreational purposes. This is from the Dec 2013 meeting minutes.