According to TheBurn and other news sources, Sheetz is looking at placing a gas station at the site of the old Tillett Auction Barn. This is concerning due to its proximity to the reservoir.
The above quote from Loudoun Water’s BCDR FAQ would have you believe that the city of Fairfax was turning a blind eye to reservoir access. Funny how their sign says “Open for public use.”
Some interesting notes from a CIP committee meeting in March. Executive summary:
- LW’s goal is to manage water assetts
- LW will consider sharing access at a later date
- Mr. Rocca recommends closing down all access
- Staff (Peterson?) recommends access to Rowing association
- Items will be forwarded to April 10 meeting for a vote
Prior to the Feb 6 statement by Fred Jennings, that access would remain open, it appears there was discussion about leasing the reservoir for recreational purposes. This is from the Dec 2013 meeting minutes.